Hello and welcome to my blog "Brush And Miniature Torture"!
What will you find in here? Of course everything about my armies, conversions, paint jobs, terrain, and latest commission works for Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy - and more! Enjoy and comment in English or German! I'm also happy about every follower.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Back from the depths

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

It has been a very long time - too long for my taste. But I haven't been idle all this time.

In September 2014 I started an education to become an IT officer after I realized that studying at the university to become a teacher is the wrong way to go for me.

I'm half way through with my above mentioned education and of course I have been assembling and painting tabletop minis all this time. Alas, not for me but for my long time commissioner.

I'm still currently working on Space Orcs for him which should be finished by the end of 2016.

But I haven't played a single 40k game for more than 2 years now. And I will never be returning to 40k. I will set up my Iron Warriors force for auction in one or two months. So if you're interested in a large and fully painted/converted Iron Warriors Heresy force, hit me up.

One week ago my former flat mates came to visit me and we spent the afternoon and evening painting and were chatting about old times. Then they came up with Kings of War. I had heard of it before but gave it no further attention. Another mate of mine, who is the Game Master in our Dungeons & Dragons group, is a mad collector of everything and I asked him all about it as he first came up with it in our circle of friends.

After reading the rules and the fluff and getting to know about the fact that you can use diorama regiment bases and don't have to take away minis for damage inflicted I fell in love with the system.

So I came up with the idea of a 15th century medieval human army and my friend suggested Perry Miniatures' Wars of the Roses range. Bingo! 36-42 minis per box for 18 to 21 EUR? Amazing, count me in! I'm already gathering basing material, lasercut MDF bases and lots of ideas.

Picture taken from Perry Miniatures website

So now you know what you can expect to see here in the near future. My mind's full of ideas that want to be realized.

All I have to do now is wait for my salary for painting Orcs. ;)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...