Hello and welcome to my blog "Brush And Miniature Torture"!
What will you find in here? Of course everything about my armies, conversions, paint jobs, terrain, and latest commission works for Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy - and more! Enjoy and comment in English or German! I'm also happy about every follower.

Monday, November 28, 2011

New week, new stuff

I arrived back home from a visit at my parents yesterday evening and when I checked my postbox I found two nice things: a card that stated that a parcel is waiting for me at the local post office and an air couchion envelopment with the needed bitz for my next Iron Warriors tank. I instantly knew that the parcel was my new airbrush compressor and I was very delighted!

So I traipsed to the post office today and schlepped the 7kg heavy parcel home. Here's a pic of the old and new compressor:


Quite a difference, eh?

And these are the bitz for the tank (you can guess what it will be):


And a quicktip for you:
Everytime I visit the town where I used to go to school I drop in on the local Tedi store - that's a German (and Dutch?) market chain where you can buy lots of different stuff from 1 to 3 EUR. I always buy there some packs of super glue. That's 5 tubes à 2g for 1 EUR. They work pretty well and are very abundant. So there's no need to buy those branded and expensive stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Man sieht den Größenunterschied. Bin mal gespannt wie stark der sich auch von der Leistung (+Überhitzen) her von dem alten ebay-Kompressor abhebt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich hab vorhin ein paar Trockenübungen gemacht. Er verliert keinen Druck wenn nicht gesprüht wird, hält diesen also konstant im Tank. Außerdem kann man sehr lange mit einem gleichbleibenden Luftstrom arbeiten. Mit Überhitzen sollte es keine Probleme mehr geben (die 4 bzw. 6bar reichen einige Zeit bevor die zwei Zylinder dann wieder arbeiten müssen) und auch das Kondenswasserproblem im Schlauch sollte Geschichte sein. Heut Abend wird exzessiv ausprobiert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same little compressor. It just crapped out on me! I've been sad without the airbrush but it's made me stop being lazy and go back to basics with brushed on base coats and layered color transitions.

    I wasn't thrilled with the little one and it dying has given me reason to save up and get something more fancy, like you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danke für den Tipp mit dem Sekundenkleber! Ich habe mir im Tedi soeben einen Jahresvorrat gesichert.

    Das erstaunliche daran ist, dass das Zeug aus "Cyanacrylat" besteht, ebenso wie die Markenkleber. Im Falle von Uhu, Pattex und dergleichen bezahlt man also nur den Namen mit, obwohl es sich um den gleichen Kleber handelt. *kopfschüttel*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...